The Covid policies, guidance, and directives follow changes to University processes. The University understands that our policies may not match the Covid guidelines provided to the general community. CSU must use our best discretion when making our Covid policies. This guidance is subject to change, as the ever-evolving Covid situation requires. Compliance with CSU Covid policies is required of all CSU faculty, staff, students, contractors, and visitors. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action and/or removal from campus. The campus community may report violations of public health directives.
Central State University is committed to keeping the campus community informed and healthy. If you have, questions not answered in the Covid-19 Resource Center please email email@example.com.
CSU STUDENTS, EMPLOYEES, AND CONTRACTORS
All students, employees, and contractors are required to wear facial coverings indoors and in any areas where social distancing is not possible. All incoming students sign a Social Contract prior to moving onto campus agreeing to Covid safety requirements.
VISITORS TO CAMPUS
1. All visitors are asked to do a health self-check the day of their visit. Anyone who is not feeling well, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or may have been exposed to the virus within the last 7 days should refrain from coming to campus.
2. All visitors must bring with them a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival. Visitors who have tested positive within the last 90 days may be exempt from this requirement.
3. Visitors are required to wear face coverings while indoors and in environments where social distancing is not feasible or practical, even when outdoors.
4. Visitors are encouraged to use proper social distancing of 6 feet whenever possible.
– Daily Self-Health Check for Covid symptoms
– Face Coverings
– Practice Safe Hygiene Practices
– Self-Report Covid Illness: https://studentlife.centralstate.edu/covid-self-report.php
Advanced Campus Cleaning Measures
University measures accomplished to ensure a safe and healthy campus environment:
– Public Health educational signage displayed inside and outside of buildings
– PPE/supplies distributed to students and employees (masks/hand sanitizer)
– Covid vaccination marketing campaign
– Hand sanitizer stations in all buildings
– Dedicated Covid testing and vaccination Annex
– Enhanced cleaning of all buildings
– Electrostatic spraying for Covid disinfecting in high-risk areas (Clinic, Annex, positive outbreak areas)
– University run-off water testing
– Strategically placed Plexiglass and other barriers to minimize virus transmission
– Upgraded HVAC systems in all buildings with medical-grade filters in the health center
Central State will monitor Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines along with local, state, and federal public health orders and guidelines as the University updates policies and procedures to ensure the safest possible on-campus environment.
Travel increases your chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. The CDC recommends delaying travel until fully vaccinated. Since many people are not fully vaccinated infections continue to spread. The risk continues due to the new strains of the virus.
Central State encourages all members of the campus community to postpone and avoid all non-essential travel. For your personal safety and the safety of others, anyone who chooses to travel should ensure they are in good health and follow important safety protocols recommended by the CDC. A time of quarantine may be required after traveling. It is important for you to plan for this additional time away from work as well.
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors are required to wear facial coverings indoors and in areas where social distancing is not possible. All incoming students sign a Social Contract prior to moving onto campus agreeing to Covid safety requirements.